March 20 @ 12:00 pm - March 22 @ 11:00 am$350
Sponsor students to become informed and engaged change-makers!
Help equip the next generation of leaders with the training, tools and resources to advocate for positive social change. This transformative weekend of talks and discussions is open all gender identities and expressions.REGISTER NOW
We invite higher education professionals, nonprofit organizations, foundations and individuals to sponsor undergraduate students for a weekend delving into issues of intersectional feminism, civic engagement and social justice.
Sophomores and juniors from across the country will engage with one another in small group discussions and with panels of leaders who are making a positive impact on the gender equality movement. Featured speakers and organizations include Rock the Vote, Vote Run Lead, ACLU, and UNLADYLIKE2020.
There are two ways to sponsor students.
1) Sponsor up to four students directly.
If you work directly with undergraduate students, select up to four and cover the cost of their attendance ($2,000 each). Complete the online registration form soon to catch the early bird registration rate.
2) Contribute to our scholarship fund.
Vision 2020 will select students to receive scholarships based on their need. The fund allocates $2,000 per student, so if you want to sponsor three students you would donate $6,000 to the fund.
The early bird rate – effective through Feb. 16, 2020 – is $350 per student. Starting Feb. 17, 2020 the rate is $500 per student. To receive further information and updates, please fill out this short form.
Spring Breakthru FAQs
What will students get out of this experience?
- They will become more informed agents of change, especially regarding the gender equality movement.
- They will be trained as voter registration ambassadors.
- They will receive a Spring Breakthru action packet, offering tips and suggestions on how to create positive change in their campus communities.
- They will connect and convene with one another, expanding their personal and professional networks.
What is included in the registration fee?
Student meals, supplies, speakers, and resources that make the conference possible.
Who is responsible for the registration fee, hotel, and travel?
The sponsoring college, university, nonprofit organization, foundation or individual.
May students pay for themselves and sign up as individual participants?
No. Students must be selected by a sponsor or by Vision 2020.
Is there a limit on the number of students each college or university can send?
Yes. The maximum is four students per college, university or organization. If any slots are still available after the registration period closes, sponsors will receive an email inviting them to register additional students.
Are Philadelphia area students required to stay in the hotel?
No. Local students are welcome to commute from their campus housing or home.
Do faculty or staff need to accompany students to the conference?
No. If the sponsoring institution or organization would prefer to have a faculty or staff member accompany students, they are welcome to attend the public events. However, only students are permitted in the closed sessions and at meals.
Is this conference inclusive and accessible?
Yes! All identities and abilities are welcomed and valued. We encourage the sponsors to send a diverse group of students. Gender-inclusive restrooms will be available, pronouns will be honored, and accessibility needs will be met. Please be sure to state any ADA needs during the registration process. This information will be kept confidential.
Friday, March 20
- 12-5pm — Students arrive and check in.
- 6pm — Welcome dinner and keynote speaker. Registered students only.
Saturday, March 21
Panel discussions followed by small group Peer Leader Break Outs. Registered students only.
- 8:30am — “Addressing Injustices Head-On”
- 11am — “The Future of the Workplace” (sponsored by Qurate Retail Group), featuring the ACLU, UNLADYLIKE2020 and more
- 2pm — “Engaging in Civic Issues, Voting and Running for Office,” featuring Vote Run Lead, Rock the Vote, IGNITE and Young Elected Officials
- 3:15pm — Voter Registration Training
- 5:30pm — Taste of Philly Dinner
- 7pm — Entertainment. Included for registered students. Tickets will be sold to the public.
Sunday, March 22
- 10am — Closing Reception. Registered students only.