March 20, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - March 22, 2020 @ 11:00 am
Students: Become informed and engaged change-makers!
Colleges and universities: Sponsor two or three undergraduate students for a weekend delving into issues of intersectional feminism, civic engagement and social justice. Open to all gender identities.
Students from across the country will engage with one another in small group discussions and with panels of leaders who are making a positive impact on the gender equality movement. They will be given the tools and resources to return to their campuses as informed advocates for positive social change.
Colleges and universities are being invited to select and sponsor two or three of their sophomores and juniors to attend Spring Breakthru by covering their registration fee, travel and hotel. To receive further information and updates, please fill out this short form.
Friday, March 20
- 12-5pm — Students arrive and check in. Passes provided for free activities.
- 6pm — Welcome dinner and keynote speaker. Registered students only.
Saturday, March 21
Panel discussions followed by small group Peer Leader Break Outs. Registered students only.
- 8:30am — “Addressing Injustices Head-On”
- 11am — “The Future of the Workplace for Women and Non-Binary People” (Sponsored by Qurate Retail Group)
- 2pm — “Engaging in Civic Issues, Voting and Running for Office”
- 3:15pm — Voter Registration Training
- 5:30pm — Taste of Philly Dinner: tastings from women-owned restaurants. Included for registered students. Tickets will be sold to the public.
- 7pm — Entertainment. Included for registered students. Tickets will be sold to the public.
Sunday, March 22
- 10am — Closing Reception. Registered students only.